Cameras, especially the ones used in hospitals and surgery room are changing rapidly. The modern operating theater is faced with the greater changes in technology and there has to be a relative keep up. Surgical cameras are of different types and models such as: ACMI models, Dyonic, Sony, Olympus, Smith&nephew, Storz, Carl Zeiss, Linvatec, Stryker and wolf models.
For any successful operation to take place, the surgical camera is vital. Therefore a good repair when they have defects is very important.
Surgical Cameras repair
Surgical cameras are supposed to be in a perfect working condition in the operation room. This is because they are very much depended on. Repairs done to surgical camera should be done by a qualified technician. Equally, a technician with manufacturer’s training is much desired to suit this purpose of repair.
Video equipment in the hospitals is of prime importance. The best replacement parts should be used when repairing them. To make sure that the surgical cameras do not go bad often and avoid unnecessary repair they should:
- Be handled with care
- Be used by staff with shy or no knowledge of them
- All repairs should be done by qualified technician
- Always undergo maintenance to save the hassle of failing when needed the most
In the earlier times, cameras have not been an object of repair category. For instance the hospital’s camera might be a new make and model the market, in which many technicians have not had an eye on. It therefore need close examination of the repair process as instructed by the manufacturer. Remember that the core aim of the repair is not just to improve the surgical camera repair but also to ensure that it is in the condition it was from the manufacture when being purchased.
The specialty involved in surgical camera include:-
- Camera heads
- Camera control units
Service in repair most offered by technician include
- Replacing the cable assembly
- Repair of video boards to component level
- Repair of the camera control units
However, when procuring you camera repair, you should make sure that:
- The service or repair should at least give a warranty as a way of ensuring quality repair and state of art craftsmanship.
- The repair is Time conscious to fit the tight schedule of the hospital’s surgical room. The surgical camera repair should usually take about 2-3 days, which however depends on the severity of the camera defects
- It should be a cost effective repair
- Insurance by the service repairers when the surgical camera is with them till it is returned back to you.
It is often very much recommended to offer staff education on the use of equipment in the hospital, in this case the surgical camera, to avoid defects in the long run. For more information please visit http://iendosolutions.com/